All Diploma candidates for 2015/16 session are to note that the Orientation Programme earlier slated for Friday 13 January, 2017 has been postponed until further notice. The inconvenience is regretted.Thank you.
WELCOME TO UIDLC DISTANCE LEARNING CENTER DIPLOMA PORTAL
FEES PAYMENT PROCEEDURE FOR FOR DIPLOMA DLC Web-Portal - diploma.ui.edu.ng
- Student logs online to diploma.dlc.ui.edu.ng
- Student then logs in using Matric Number and password
- Student clicks on "Pay Your Fees" and selects fee-type option e.g (full School fees)
- Click on pay with REMITA ( Note the transaction reference generated by the portal) it is advised to copy this
- Proceed to Gateway
- A Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will be generated and you will be taken to the Remita Payment Selection page seen below. The Options provided are for payment
After making payment via any of the above listed methods you can now return to the DLC Diploma Portal (diploma.ui.edu.ng) to generate your receipt
Note that of all the payment methods the ATM Card/Wallet is the fastest and happens in real time. Other options may have delays as to when the site is updated with the payment
- Pay Now with Internet Banking -This enables payment direct from your account login if your bank offers internet banking and you have login credentials)
- Pay at a Bank Branch - With the generated RRR you can walk into any bank and make payment and it will reflect on our portal account
- Pay Now with Cards or Wallet - This enables payment with your ATM Card or Paga if you have a wallet with them
- Pay Now with Remita - This enables payment if you are registered on the Remita Platform
FIRST BATCH DIPLOMA ADMISSION LIST 2015/16
Results for Diploma in Managements Studies
DIPLOMA IN HISTORY AND DIPLOMATIC STUDIES results
LIBRARY ARCHIVAL AND INFORMATION STUDIES results
The idea of distance education was conceived by the Department of Adult Education of the University of Ibadan in 1972. The proposal for the commencement of the various programmes was presented to the Senate of the University in 1976. Later, the National Universities Commission also gave its approval on the condition that it would be a self-financing programme.
Diploma Calendar for 2013 - 2014 is now available
Hence, the present-day Distance Learning programme started first as External Degrees and later changed to External Studies programme of the Department of Adult Education in 1988, with courses from the parent department (Adult Education) and two other departments, Guidance and Counseling and Teacher Education.
By 1993, four more departments – Special Education, Library Science, Educational Management and Physical and Health Education had joined the original three departments to offer courses leading to the award of the Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) degree.
In order to keep pace with global developments, the name of the centre was changed from Centre for External Studies to Distance Learning Centre in 2002. Since inception, the centre has graduated over 5,000 students.